CAL CAP STUDIOS – BLACK BOX THEATRE TO PRESENT ACTING CLASSES
Sacramento: CalCap Studios – Black Box Theatre located at 9845 Horn Road, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95827 is pleased to announce it will present a series of acting classes for adults and children. Information below.
To sign up for a class or for more information, please call 916-706-2000 or email email@example.com
Adult classes with Richard Broadhurst;
$50 per class (8-week course)
• Scene study. Develop your craft through extensive work on theatrical scenes.
• Sense memory work. Learn how to tap into your emotional life and adapt it to your acting.
• Intention work. Understand that acting is NOT a mystery. It is a craft, built around knowing what your character wants and how they can get it.
• Monologue work. Preparing monologues for audition purposes. You should have at least four monologues ready (at all times) for audition purposes.
• Understanding the business of acting. Always remember that “show business” is two words and the second one may be the most important one.
• Film acting vs stage actor. While the basics are the same, there are adjustments that must be made depending on what medium you’re working in.
• Showcase work. Periodically there will be showcase nights so that actors can get a taste of performing their scene work in front of an audience.
Richard Broadhurst – Actor and instructor. Richard has spent over 40 years working in the theatre as both an actor and a playwright. He’s had plays produced all over the country, including in L.A., Sacramento, CA., New York City, and Minneapolis. Richard has also worked as an actor in both New York City, as well as at a number of regional theatres. Along the way, Richard has also done extensive teaching. Richard’s training began in College and continued on into his 20 years in NYC, where he also began teaching. Richard also had the good fortune to study with Larry Moss, one of the premier actor teachers in New York and the country. In his 15 years of work with Larry, Richard absorbed many of his teaching techniques, which are chronicled in Larry’s acting book: Intent To Live. As an actor and playwright Richard has worked with luminaries such as Ed Asner, Noah Wyle, and Jason Alexander.